terça-feira, 12 de julho de 2011

Wanda Jackson with Jack White - The Party ain't Over (2011)

Setlist:
1. Shakin All Over
2. Rip It Up
3. Busted
4. Rum and Coca-Cola
5. Thunder on the Mountain
6. You Know I'm No Good (Amy Winehouse)
7. Like a Baby
8. Nervous Breakdown
9. Dust on the Bible
10. Teach Me Tonight
11. Blue Yodle #6

Áudio: Mp3 VBR 220-320kbps.
Download Rapidshare

Poucas iniciativas seriam tão boas como essa de regravar e reinterpretar, em vista da tecnologia de hoje, o estilo dos anos 50. Em parceria com Jack White, Wanda Jackson fez isso possível. O resultado foi muita distorção! Ela que é a rainha de rockabily não só por ter sido casada com Elvis Presley, mas por ter sido ela mesma. Na bateria temos o parceiro de White, Patrick Keller(The Raconteurs).
Jack White fez o convite a Wanda para produzirem esse disco, depois shows e tal. Ela ficou um pouco receosa:

"He's a big star, as big as they come anywhere on the planet, so that was exciting," Jackson tells Billboard.com. "But he also is a rock star, and I don't do this current, contemporary rock-style music. So that's where the apprehension came in. I wasn't sure if we'd see eye to eye."

"He told me, 'I'm not changing your style. I just want to give you fresh material and a fresh sound,'" Jackson recalls. "He pushed me a lot, having me do songs that were out of my comfort zone. It didn't really bother me but it was a little hard to understand what he was wanting from my performance, so it just took a little while to settle in with him. But as we worked together I settled down, and I realized that he had my best interest at mind and he was going to produce a really fine album."


Enfim, o disco ficou muito bom. Fresh, fresh... e este clipe, muitíssimo bem produzido:


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário